"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Sunday 22 August 2010

Something Different - How Bad Can That Be?

Well, my little girl must be growing up a bit. She mumbled something to me this morning about being gloomy all of the time. Why can’t we lighten up a bit? I told her I missed her too.

In my search for some lighter thoughts, I stumbled onto a site on aphorisms. A few of them caught my eye as being apropos of my discontented situation.

At the risk of turning this entry into a parody of a Monty Python sketch, I will (simply?) state that it's time to fish or cut bait, since you can’t get toothpaste back in the tube and if you do as you've always done you'll get what you've always had.
No one can serve two masters and we all know that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

And now, for something completely different:
 

I love the 'hello miss' at the beginning... they never explain it.


1 comment: