"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Sunday 9 November 2014

See, I'm Happy Today!

There was a need for a new post to show you all that I spend at least some of my time being non-grumpy!

So, I installed a new gadget on the page below and right. I thought it might be fun for visitors to see where their fellow readers are located on the planet. I thought it might be fun for me too! 

As I was looking for this gadget, it was necessary to scroll through hundreds of other candidates for gadgets to add. A bit like going shopping for a loaf of bread but being forced to walk by and look at hundreds of other delightful items that you really don’t need, don’t want, but tempt you anyway. 

There are dozens of “virtual pets”. Would you think it cute to have a duck, or a school of fish swim around the screen, following your cursor as you scroll about? No… didn’t think so. 

How about quotes by famous people? I find Mark Twain entertaining. Oh, there is George Carlin.. what a clever guy he was. Died this year I think. Hmm, I’m a big Abraham Lincoln fan…

Oh, there’s a Noughts and Crosses (Tic Tac Toe) game for those who get bored.

Well.. that was fun, but in the end, I had to follow the link from Leigh Anne's blog, where I found the revolving globe and then follow the instructions in the help menu to copy the HTML code. 
There! Done.

I feel so very techie this morning! :-)

p.s. interesting that on my smartypantsphone it is a map not a globe. Hmm, maybe some clever expert would be able to explain that. Feeling slightly less techie now. It was fun though. 

6 comments:

  1. ooooooOOOOOoooooh! I feel a bit queasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Miss H! I'm impressed with your technical acumen! :D

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss C, many thanks... I owe it all to the help screen! :D

      Delete
  3. Pity it thinks I live in another town........

    Shirley Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, the same thing is happening to me. Of course, my town is pretty tiny and remote, so it is understandable. What I find interesting too is that none of the dots are on China, even though all kinds of hits have been registered from there according to Blogger. Must be a puzzle for a real techie!

      xx Halle

      Delete