"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Friday 20 January 2012

Morning Meditation

I call her 'Love', and know her embrace is sure even when I choose to pretend she isn't there.

Love whispers in my ear - she will be my muse if I let her. 

She revels in our joys, lights a way through our sorrows and will never give up on us even if we choose to ignore her.  

Love's song will be a path to become more than I was yesterday.

Love's power will wait undiminished for the time when we are ready.

At the end of the day, as at the end of life itself, love will gather us back into her embrace, no matter the part we played in her drama.

Omnia vincit amor

8 comments:

  1. You are doing fine this morning, Halle.
    Only love such as scoring zero is coming to my mind this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is a fine day indeed, with the sun finally kissing the tops of the snow-covered trees.

    I am not really sure what scoring zero means to you, but for me lately, "breaking even" or "5 out of 10" has been a good outcome. Today is definitely a 9.5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Halle, one of 'those' days for me today. When they say 'love' in tennis it means zero score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. The greatest power known to humankind. Love never fails. Love perseveres.

    This a most wonderful post, Halle!

    Caio!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halle, such love is a privilege with just one condition, you must pass it on. I hope you receive as much as you give!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and easy condition An, and yes, thank you, at times it is hard to believe all the love coming in my direction these days. I am one lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete