"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Monday 29 April 2019

A Long Path to a Place of Peace

It is that time of the year when musical activities come to a close. We will start again in September. Like university and college programs, we are active in the least beautiful months, weather-wise here in Canada. I suppose too many of the participants are busy doing other things to sustain a band or an orchestra through the summer.

At any rate, we have had concerts these past three weekends and it is time for a break. Yesterday was a wrap-up party for a group I joined just two weeks after my surgery. A woman I have got to know very well, whose husband I knew years before (so they were in on my transition), told me how much they admired how I simply got on with being me.

To my credit, I was not dismissive or overly humble, but simply thanked her for the compliment. Her comments made me think about the path that had brought me to a place where I could just get on with being me

The casual reader may not want to read through over four hundred posts to attempt to glean what made me able to live comfortably in such new skin. Sadly, there is no recipe for success in ditching a façade and finding one's long-misplaced self.

My story and path is here, all around, in hints, words, and feelings expressed, none better than those from Socrates and Richard Bach - words that speak of love; of friends closer than family, and soul searching. 

If you are a seeker - a fellow traveller on this journey, my advice is to go thou and do likewise. My hopes are travelling with you.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Halle, as always. And wonderful advice. :c)

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cass. It is so great to hear that the doctor's finally have a handle on your nephew C's condition. Hopefully he will soon be able to move past all of this in good health.

      Hugs,
      Halle xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello Halle;

    There is a sense of an ending in this post that is to be welcomed. Why? Because in every ending there is a new beginning, and with that new beginning the promise of new pathways to be explored. You know, of course, that I have always admired the courage you have shown on your journey.

    I used to manage two young peoples' orchestras, for my sins [which were probably many], and always felt a sense of relief when a series of concerts were finished. Hopefully, they were a job well done by all. After a time to catch one's breath, count the takings, and complete all the other tasks a manager was required to do, those past concerts slipped into memory, and the new work of the next series was approached with anticipation.

    One can never be certain where a new beginning will take us, except towards yet another ending. But the journey in between those extremes is what it is all about. As ever, I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well said Tom, as always. The concert is the end of the journey; the experience where we live on the edge and in the moment - what we all love so much.
      I am sending you a virtual bear hug for all you have contributed to this part of my journey. All the very best to you.

      Delete
  3. I will take those hopes Halle. The introspection you have done over the length of this blog is quite amazing and I am so glad it got you where you needed to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly on an interesting path of your own Joanna. We will keep in touch. :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, a place of peace. If only more would honour such a place more. The journey is never easy, is often quite long, but as you have written, it is achievable. Prost, dearest Halle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dear Smoky Swallow, thank you again. And yes, prost!

      Delete