"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Saturday 17 September 2016

The Final Purge

It was inevitable.  And about time. 

I haven't cross-dressed since February and unless that is the theme for a Halloween party someday, I don't ever expect or intend to cross-dress again. 

To be honest, purging wasn't my idea, but Mrs. H, who now wants to be known as Ms. H (which is more than a bit confusing since that is my name now... hmm, guess I could be Miss H), covets the closet and drawer space that was being taken up by men's clothing. 

So, unceremoniously tossed into five big clear plastic bags, the final evidence of a lifetime being the father and husband was donated to the local charity store. 

All of my experiences are safely stored away. I will never forget the good parts : ever. 

The time has come to travel light. 

Perhaps some guys will enjoy those sweaters and jackets and shirts and slacks that were my disguise in a time gone by for so very long.

11 comments:

  1. Seems like "letting go" is all the fashion these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, while reading your post from yesterday that is exactly what I took away.
      That and a desire to wish you best wishes for your birthday. It is only a number by the way, and as a math teacher I will guarantee; numbers cannot hurt you.

      Delete
  2. We sometimes forget that the previous life was not 100% bad but who needs to be reminded of that strange existence by drawers full of unwanted clothes.

    Sounds like the first signs that the other Ms H is also moving on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the other Ms H is beginning to move forward finally.

      She appreciated it when I admitted that I was sad to give away some of the clothing that had been gifts from her.

      Delete
  3. a long and hard fight to be sure Halle. I am glad that you have come to a peaceful place in your life and that your wife is still onboard for the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, perhaps it was unclear that Ms H (the other one) is onboard, but her ship and mine are heading on different tacks soon. We don't hate one another, but she doesn't want to be married to a woman, and I respect that.
      Yes, you and I have both gone through a lot Joanna.

      Delete
    2. of course I should have known and we aren't the only ones Halle. But you need to be yourself and free your spirit because your mental health counts for so much more...

      Delete
  4. A free spirit opens us to possible futures that are unavailable when we live in fear. When we are living authentic lives, the people we might truly love can finally discover us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it was a surreal, but good purge! Time to put some old ghosts to rest and look forward.

    But mine wasn't complete, and likely never will be. My wedding suit is still in the wardrobe, with the shoes. I'll never wear it again, but it was such an amazing day that I couldn't get rid of the clothes - even if they remind me that I couldn't have the dream dress (and experience of trying to find it!)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me it was a surreal, but good purge! Time to put some old ghosts to rest and look forward.

    But mine wasn't complete, and likely never will be. My wedding suit is still in the wardrobe, with the shoes. I'll never wear it again, but it was such an amazing day that I couldn't get rid of the clothes - even if they remind me that I couldn't have the dream dress (and experience of trying to find it!)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post brought tears to my eyes. I deeply respect your strength, Halle. Keep walking the walk, my friend.

    Calie

    ReplyDelete