"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Sunday 6 May 2018

Ladies Who Lunch

Sometimes it is hard to believe how much life has changed in three years. In February 2015, when Alice and I met for lunch, I was in male mode, but she told me, and I felt, that I was all woman. That was so much fun; my first taste of ladies who lunch. 

Meeting someone who could understand, or better still, share the experience of being transexual was so important to me when I was pre-transition. Since that first time, there have been dozens of lunches and dinners with friends (and one very, very special friend, of course). Not all of them know my history, or want to. Some are very dear, more like family, to K and I.

On Friday, for our second time, Joanna Santos and I broke bread and talked about anything that came to mind. Yes, we discussed what it has meant to us to be trans, and what we have done about it so far. Most of all, we had fun being together. 

Only time can tell whether two lunches together will evolve into the sort of friendship that K and I have with Alice, Cassidy, or Coline. As the snap below tells you, it certainly was fun. We are planning number three. 

Ladies at lunch: Deanna and Joanna

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you two together, Halle! You know I do lunch at least once a month with like-minded friends and, when on the road, will try to meet my on-line friends as I did with Cass a few years ago. Hopefully, I can add you and Joanna to future lunch dates.

    Calie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful to finally meet you my dear friend! Maybe we could even manage to have Cassidy at the same luncheon?

      Halle xx

      Delete
    2. Would be so great to have Calie join us for number 3. N'est pas?

      Delete
  2. Great picture! :c) (And cute blouse, Miss H!)

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Cassidy!

      Hugs,
      Halle
      xx

      Delete
  3. Prost! When (I am an optimist) you are in Cincinnati, let me know and we will "Prost" life's joys together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have driven through Zinzinaddi, but have never stopped to enjoy it. It will be a pleasure to see it through your eyes.

      Here's to life's joys dear R! Prost!

      Delete
  4. "Zinzinaddi" !!! You have just endeared yourself to me even more! Please, please let me know when you're planning on driving through again. We'll make this happen, dear Halle!!

    ReplyDelete