"The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

- - scatterings of ideas sent to my younger self, a sensitive girl who was fooled into believing she was a boy because of anatomy - -

Thursday 13 December 2012

Gut Feeling

Too late now, but maybe I shouldn't have done it. This one concession to my desires has brought me to a feeling that seems to be summing up all the feelings of sadness that have been building for so long. For over a year I have been using an epilator to remove all the hair from my chest and tummy. I do it for me; smooth and soft for me.

Process ended a half hour ago now, hand moving over the once more delightfully smooth surface, it stopped on my lower belly, pressed down and for the first time I experienced what has been repeating since, over and over, demanding to be said here in all its sadness grief.

Empty ~ Never to be filled ~

2 comments:

  1. I locked down my emotions and tears at age four when I first realised that I could give away my true self. That cold heart saved me for decades in limbo.

    These last few years for me have been a roller coaster ride of emotions, for what now is, and for what could or should have been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the locks had come off before now and the roller coaster ride might be mostly done and now, thanks to the flood this morning, I know differently. Not just regret, but mindless blind desire.

    ReplyDelete